Monday, April 27, 2009

consider the climbing


Just like other body movement practices climbing reveals itself more and more with repitition. Yoga postures and transitions flow in new ways with each session. Playing the guitar becomes an expression of the internal once the muscle movements are well learned.

Right now I am in one of those lucky moods where my climbing is an expression comfort. Finger locks reveal themselves and all at once I'm connected to the rock through my senses and emotions. My feet find the holds. My body adjusts and moves up the wall with just the right amount of effort.

Not that it is easy to move vertically. Difficulties are encountered. Technique meets power and you move upward with your speaking mind momentarily silenced. This is when the best moments of meditation are combined with a physical intensity that becomes graceful rockclimbing.

The real trick is carrying this memory when you no longer have the rock to guide your body and mind.

No comments: